Saturday, August 13, 2005

Hanging Out ...

Long time no post. It's nice to know that some people are following along and thanks to those who are staying interested with our journey.

We've been hanging out in Turlock, California for the last couple of weeks and have had the opportunity to spend lots of time with family and to meet some new friends. One of the nicest and yet most unexpected blessings came from the chance to hang out with Enclave - a very cool part of the body here in Turlock. You can check out their web site by clicking below and then looking for the Enclave link to click on.

Enclave

Their pastor Brian has been a real and geniune friend and brother and I have enjoyed the chance to be part of that community for the last few weeks. Brian and I have also had the chance to talk about the beauty of the body of Christ and the struggles and joys of the emerging expressions of the body we are witnessing. He is also the only pastor I know who owns a pot bellied pig!

I have felt such a peace to be part of the Enclave gatherings. Enclave is a missional/incarnational expression of the body that I felt right at home at. They have been gathering for a little over a year now and it has been great to ask Brian questions about who they are, how they birthed and what their vision is for the future. It will be very cool to see where God leads them as a community in the next months and years.

I have been reading "The Shaping of Things to Come" and looking back on this Sabbatical I can see how God has knit the moments, meetings, conversations and experiences together. All have been affirming and encouraging and for the few moments of harsher reality that have found their way into our journey - they have also helped me to process the future and to consider the story that God is writing in our lives as well as asking how the radical sabbatical can continue after the road portion stops for a while. Les and I are passionate that the adventure not stop upon our return home - but that we live radically in ways we haven't before. I expect there are those who are afraid of what that will mean - but I am no longer afraid of what that will mean for my family and I. There are a lot of paradigms that are shifting and I am at peace with where those shifts may lead.

I had a chance to watch the re-launch of the space shuttle Discovery and I was so inspired by the bravery of those who would take great risks to lead us beyond where we think we can go. There are those who will say such risk is foolish when the status quo allows them comfort and to them I say that's okay - but I want to be numbered with those brave souls who say - "Why? Why Not? and What If?" and who stack hands to step out into the place of risk, adventure and possibly ridicule in order to be about loving God and kingdom building. To all those who have inspired me these past few weeks - I thank you - you have been the body to me. To those who seek a milder adventure or a different one - I thank you too and look forward to the time when we will all worship as one at the great gathering and share the stories of the different journey's that brought us to there.

Peace and continued adventures ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home